An attorney specializing in trust and estates is an invaluable resource in administering an estate following death. At Kenneth E. Devore & Associates APC, our attorneys and paralegals have extensive experience representing trustees, executors, and beneficiaries in connection with estate administrations of all types and sizes. We believe in collaboration and pride ourselves on working closely with other professionals, including CPAs and financial advisors.
When it comes to carrying out the wishes of a decedent that had a trust, we represent clients in their fiduciary capacity as Trustee with the following tasks:

  • Interpreting and understanding the provisions of the trust, and advising how distributions should be made taking into consideration tax and other legal issues that may be present
  • Providing guidance as to fiduciary duties and legal responsibilities to ensure an efficient and smooth trust administration with an eye to reducing the risk of beneficiary disputes
  • Preparation of estate tax returns where required, and identifying situations in which the filing of an estate tax return may not be required, but is beneficial
  • Seeking court confirmation as necessary to modify or interpret terms of a trust
  • Analyzing distributions of real property to best manage property tax reassessment on intra-family transfers

For estates of decedents who did not have an estate plan, or perhaps only had a will without a trust, we represent the court appointed personal representative in a probate proceeding. We are experienced in working with court appointed representatives to navigate the complexities of administering an estate subject to probate.

'Living Test Agreement' note Image

Probate is a division of the Superior Court of the State of California. Its role is to administer the estate of a deceased person. The Probate Court will see that when you die, your debts are paid and your assets are distributed according to your will, if you have one. If you do not have a valid will, your probate assets are distributed according to state law. A personal representative will be appointed to carry out the distribution of the estate.

Call us for Answers To Your Legal Questions